HAM-LAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HAM-LAN

Welcome to the official forum page for HAM-LAN. Hamilton, Ohio's premier LAN/gaming event

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do something good, get something back.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CapAm

CapAm

Do something good, get something back. Empty
PostSubject: Do something good, get something back.   Do something good, get something back. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:50 am

Ok, I don't know if any of you have heard of "indie games" but they're games made by not big companies. Some indie game makers got together and did something cool. 5 games, you name the price, money some of the money goes to charity.

You read right, you name the price. 1 cent to $1,000,000.

What are the games? World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru HD, Penumbra Overture. The only 2 I can attest to are World of Goo and Gish, which are both wacky puzzle action games.

What are the charities? Child's play who take donations and get games, books, toys, etc. for sick kids in childrens' hospitals, and Electronic Frontier Foundation, who defend free speech on the internet.

But here's the thing, even if you're not big on the games, would it hurt to throw a couple bucks to a deserving charity?

Here's the link. Humble bundle
Back to top Go down
http://comicdoom.blogspot.com
mohawkmike
Admin
mohawkmike

Do something good, get something back. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do something good, get something back.   Do something good, get something back. Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:56 pm

I am really glad this was a HUGE success. In total over 1.2 MILLION was raised and over 30% of it went to the charitys Childs play and the Electronic Frontier Foundation. That is just plain and simple AWESOME
Back to top Go down
http://www.ham-lan.com

Do something good, get something back.
Page 1 of 1