HAM-LAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HAM-LAN

Welcome to the official forum page for HAM-LAN. Hamilton, Ohio's premier LAN/gaming event

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
(AOTL)MALEAKH

(AOTL)MALEAKH

Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again. Empty
PostSubject: Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again.   Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 6:02 am

from some one that attended a lot of the SOGA lan's i can wait to come to the event.
got equipment if needed.
Back to top Go down
mohawkmike
Admin
mohawkmike

PostSubject: Re: Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again.   Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Wow how did I miss this post?

Hi MALEAKH and welcome to the HAM-LAN forums. Glad to hear from someone else from the ol' SOGA days.

Just a heads up, there are a ton of other events going on in the Ciny area and one of the best places to find out about them is Cincifrag. It's a video game / E-sport site that a friend of mine created. Were working hard on it right now so all the local gamers will have a place to find out about local events and talk about gaming in general.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ham-lan.com
Nath

PostSubject: Re: Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again.   Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 1:41 am

I figured that lan parties where a thing of the past. so its good to see events popping up. old soga guy here, I want a event like the old days so im on the look out for one.
Back to top Go down
(AOTL)MALEAKH

(AOTL)MALEAKH

PostSubject: Re: Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again.   Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:25 am

yea im also trying to get a LAN started down at UC Clermont Campus.. slow going on getting approval.. im not chairmen of the group for it and cant ever get in contact of the guy ahead of me. im staying with it tho hopeful one will come up soon. scene is not dead not yet.
Back to top Go down
mohawkmike
Admin
mohawkmike

PostSubject: Re: Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again.   Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 3:31 pm

(AOTL)MALEAKH wrote:
yea im also trying to get a LAN started down at UC Clermont Campus.. slow going on getting approval.. im not chairmen of the group for it and cant ever get in contact of the guy ahead of me. im staying with it tho hopeful one will come up soon. scene is not dead not yet.

I attended Hamilton High School from 2002-2005 and never had one issue with having LAN partys (in fact in one class it was a requirment for their networking lesson) but soon after I graduated and started attending Miami University it was like there was a law put into effect that schools could not have LAN partys.

I tried for two years at Miami to have LAN partys on campus with and without student organizations as backing. The only reason I am able to have one on Miami Universitys campus is because I am considered a third party renting the confrence center.

MALEAKH - let me know if you need any help going before the UC board for approval.
Back to top Go down
infamousd

PostSubject: Re: Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again.   Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:55 am

Hey as I mentioned I'm another old SOGA/CAGE/LANPARTYCINCY fossil.

I've tried getting a group together in NKY for a few years now, and have not had any luck. Seems like the faculty at NKU are against it for some stupid reason...

Anyways a few friends of mine and I still have hopes of starting one down here on the river soon, maybe as soon the beginning of next year. Hope we can all work together to build up a decent, friendly LAN community once again!
Back to top Go down
timecop

PostSubject: Re: Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again.   Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:00 am

Yes, same here, past SOGA/CAGE/LANPARTYCINCY/UBERLAN goer here as well.

Glad to see another lan open up.

Been going Nexus lan over the last year.
Back to top Go down
mohawkmike
Admin
mohawkmike

PostSubject: Re: Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again.   Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:49 pm

First off welcome to the HAM-LAN froums Timecop

timecop wrote:

I will be attending the NeXus event event in October. I'm very excited because it will be my first time attending. The only other LAN I have been going to on a regular basis is Lanwar down in Louisville, KY. The summer Lanwar event is called Million Man Lan and it gets AT LEAST 300 attendees every year.

As I said before I am working on a site called Cincifrag that is working on bringing the community together and sharining information on any gaming events coming up. If anyone knows of an event coming up PLEASE let me know or share it in the Cincifrag forums
Back to top Go down
infamousd

PostSubject: Re: Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again.   Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:16 pm

mohawkmike wrote:
First off welcome to the HAM-LAN froums Timecop

timecop wrote:

I will be attending the NeXus event event in October. I'm very excited because it will be my first time attending. The only other LAN I have been going to on a regular basis is Lanwar down in Louisville, KY. The summer Lanwar event is called Million Man Lan and it gets AT LEAST 300 attendees every year.

As I said before I am working on a site called Cincifrag that is working on bringing the community together and sharining information on any gaming events coming up. If anyone knows of an event coming up PLEASE let me know or share it in the Cincifrag forums

Hey great! Hope to meet ya there.

You'll usually find Timecop, T033, and me sitting in a back corner. Just look for the old(er) guys...
Back to top Go down
timecop

PostSubject: Re: Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again.   Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:40 am

Yep, we all carpool to Nexus, Imf and myself went to LANWAR last winter. That was the first one that I went to in a few years, thing the one before that was 2005 I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again.   Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great to see a Southern Ohio Lan Again.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HAM-LAN :: General discussions / News :: General discussions-
Jump to: