HAM-LAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HAM-LAN

Welcome to the official forum page for HAM-LAN. Hamilton, Ohio's premier LAN/gaming event

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mohawkmike
Admin
mohawkmike

2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation Empty
PostSubject: 2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation   2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:40 pm

Today at 1:30 PM (EST) Microsoft gave there E3 and boy did they bring out the big guns.

Fisrt off, in a first Microsoft teamed up with Spike TV inwhich they showed the presentation !!! LIVE !!! If you missed it most of it can be seen at game trailers

Here is just a short list of things that were reveiled:

0 More details on Call of Duty: Black ops

0 More details on Halo: Reach

0 More details on Gears of war 3

0 More details on Rock Band 3

0 ESPN has a deal to broadcast sporting events on the X-Box

0 Project Natal is now called Kinect

0 An BUTT LOAD ASS TON of games were reveiled for Kinect

0 The new X-Box 360 slim was reveiled

W Shocked W

This (in my opinon) is the grandest E3 I have seen from Microsoft.

I personally am very excited about Kinect, but will be very hesitant when it comes out (unless I can get in some demo time). It is listed at $149 by gamestop.

Any other thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ham-lan.com
CapAm

CapAm

PostSubject: Re: 2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation   2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:06 am

I only have one thought, and I hate to share it... but I will anyway. The new X-box slim, come on, it's just a PS3. Same color, same button types, same shiny, built in wi-fi. Don't get me wrong, it seems like it needed to happen, and it was along time coming, but when I heard the list the first thing that came to mind was the striking similarity to the PS3 when it came out.
Back to top Go down
http://comicdoom.blogspot.com
mohawkmike
Admin
mohawkmike

PostSubject: Re: 2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation   2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:18 pm

CapAm wrote:
The new X-box slim, come on, it's just a PS3. Same color, same button types, same shiny, built in wi-fi. Don't get me wrong, it seems like it needed to happen, and it was along time coming, but when I heard the list the first thing that came to mind was the striking similarity to the PS3 when it came out.

If you have not seen it in detail check out this Destructoid article

You are not alone there CapAm. I was on the phone with Xyeer0 and was watching the presentation with revtev and postal dude and we all thought the same thing. It just seems like it's the X-Box we all deserved two years ago. All I care about is that I will be able to get the "old" X-Box's super cheap at pawn shops as people try to get the money for the new one Laughing
Back to top Go down
W1LLDAB3AST

PostSubject: Re: 2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation   2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:29 am

I was blown away by Halo: Reach and Gears 3. I dig the design and features of the new 360.
Back to top Go down
CapAm

CapAm

PostSubject: Re: 2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation   2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks great, but that system is going to die quickly. I don't mean the company will go under, I mean they will have even more overheating problems now. They took a fan out, and packed all this stuff that made it overheat before into a smaller package. Granted, I said the PS3 slim would overheat too, and I haven't heard of any of them doing it yet.
Back to top Go down
W1LLDAB3AST

PostSubject: Re: 2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation   2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 2:06 am

CapAm wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I think it looks great, but that system is going to die quickly. I don't mean the company will go under, I mean they will have even more overheating problems now. They took a fan out, and packed all this stuff that made it overheat before into a smaller package. Granted, I said the PS3 slim would overheat too, and I haven't heard of any of them doing it yet.
If I'm not mistaken, the GPU & CPU are all packed together on the same chip which is cooled by a single fan.
Back to top Go down
CapAm

CapAm

PostSubject: Re: 2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation   2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:02 am

I'm still officially calling it that this thing will die about as often as the older models. If in a year and a half they don't have any issues, I may pick one up.
Back to top Go down
xyeer0

xyeer0

PostSubject: Re: 2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation   2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:37 am

i call it the alien-wii!!!

no offense to those who like it but ive never seen mating in the console world until now...

2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation Alienware_main2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation Plus_sign2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation Black_wii2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation Equals2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation UHJj7J0acWXAL7cgzJEw9YQel0JHhESHHTsuQEZ_czMV6eLy7RyzK35pjkRcSlAwd19gm2ixVwR-uIfDQSUyO62FFqIQ2CjXgUouD3cX5sWGCIzXUODLkdnJQuHcIS2WneFRPEftwwdQuAiodjtnJXY

i just dont see how they can keep it cool when the old one is bigger and still keeps me warm in neg10 degree.
besides not only does it kinda look like a wii, kinect is uber lame and so much more wii like...since when does microsoft want to be nintendo?

all imho

(\)
Back to top Go down
http://g07h4x.blogspot.com/
mohawkmike
Admin
mohawkmike

PostSubject: Re: 2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation   2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 2:59 pm

OMG I WNAT THE ALIEN-Wii SO BAAAAAAAD! Wait, is it the Alienware before Dell bought them out?

Anyway so I found this articel on why the Kinect will sell and let mw tell you what I AM HOOKED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation   2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 E3 Microsoft/X-Box presentation
Page 1 of 1